This weekend we went camping in the Hoosier National Forest at Tell City, IN at the Indian-Celina campground. Now, if you like to fish this is suppose to be a good place to go, however I was there for the weekend and never did see the lake, so I don't know. The guys went fishing and the girls just hung out gabbing. Friday night we arrived, set up, grilled out and did nothing. Saturday the guys went fishing, (did I just say that?) and the girls went shopping. First, we went into Tell City and shopped at a shop called TASSELS that had alot of unique things. Kathy is about to be a grandmother and needed gifts for her daughter's baby shower next weekend.
In the afternoon we went to Saint Meinard Archabbey in St. Meinard, IN close to the campground. It is awesome!!! For those that don't know and for those that do here is what the visitor's guide has to say.
Saint Meinard Archabbey was founded in 1854 by monks of the Abbey of Einsiedeln in Switzerland. Today, the 95 monks of this Beneditine community still live by the RULE OF ST. BENEDICT, and the motto ora et labora (pray and work). One of the primary works of Saint Meinrad has been the education of future leaders of the Catholic Church. The School of Theology provides education and formation for priests, permanent deacons and lay students. Below are a few pictures of the church and complex, none of which do it justice.



So peaceful
The organ is massive filling the entire end of the church .

The altar is at the front of the church when you walk in. All the seats are along the side. They remind me of the Church of England only very plain.
I was awestruck! Frankly, I can not imagine anyone entering this church and not believing in the Catholic Church and wanting to a part of it. I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful community.

Here are the traditional camping pictures. Nothing wild about this trip, very quiet and peaceful.
Saturday night

The guys trying to solve the world's problems, what else is new?

Kathy

Mallie

Peggy

Here are my babies Lucy and below is Levi. They always go with us.


The organ is massive filling the entire end of the church .

The altar is at the front of the church when you walk in. All the seats are along the side. They remind me of the Church of England only very plain.
I was awestruck! Frankly, I can not imagine anyone entering this church and not believing in the Catholic Church and wanting to a part of it. I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful community.

Here are the traditional camping pictures. Nothing wild about this trip, very quiet and peaceful.
Saturday night

The guys trying to solve the world's problems, what else is new?

Kathy

Mallie

Peggy

Here are my babies Lucy and below is Levi. They always go with us.


2 comments:
i am glad you had fun! we missed you!! see you tuesday!!
I had a wonderful time too. I am blessed to have such good friends.
See you Sunday.
Post a Comment